ØK reference lost artefact: X4 3155 H12
List of Sites
Detail registrations done by Gøril Nilsen 1998:
1. Boat house site nr. 59: Inner measures: 3,0x 13, 3. Suggested dating: Viking Age. The site is situated at holding nr. 1.
2. Finds received in 1927: Lost artefact: Fragments of a stone axe found during excavation in a modern house area at holding nr. 7 (or 10).
3. Remains of a wooden post were found in the Borge Sea in 1978, clearly influenced by human activity. Later investigations uncovered several more bridge foundations in the same area. 14c dating indicates activity in early Medieval times.
- National Registrations from 1978, Topographical Archive, Museum of Tromsø.
- Nilsen G 1998 "Jernalder naust på Vestvågøy i Lofoten", Stensilserie B nr. 49. University of Tromsø
Check out the following sections of the website for related information:
Vestvågøy Sites and Artefacts
Mayo - Vestvågøy - Mid-Argyll
This project has been supported by the EU as part of the Culture 2000 programme.